Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter Four


~*~Brad’s Point Of View~*~

I’ve known Ice the summer she got out of eighth grade. And there she was, kissing Phil- how could she do that to me? I just ran home, not that it helped, I couldn’t make my stealthy escape like I’d planned, my chains made so much noise. I unhooked them each from my beltloops, and threw them onto Ice’s front lawn, and continued down the sidewalk. Sure, I’d had my heart broken many times, but never like this… Maybe this was a mistake, maybe- maybe she didn’t kiss him back… I could only hope..
As I neared my house, I wiped the tears from my eyes, and took a deep breath in. As a walked in the house, my mom was crying. “W- what’s going on?” I asked, in a shaky voice. “Amanda was hit by a car.” My sister said, and my mom let out a loud sob. “Fuck!” I said, as I slid my arm over my mom’s shoulder. “Is she OK?” I asked, praying to God that my little cousin didn’t have anything more then a broken arm. My mom nodded, and I sighed. I kissed the top of her head, and went down stairs to find Adam and Moira making out.

~*~Ice’s Point Of View~*~

I heard bushes moving, but I was too caught up in the moment. The power of my lips moving against Phil’s, it was fantastic, the way he tasted the way he held me. But then I heard chains clinking together, and a hand ran down the window, making a horrible noise. “Shit!” I heard someone say from outside, and then the chains dropped onto the lawn. “Uh, I’ll be right back- I think I heard something..” I said looking up to the window.
When I got outside, I found Brad’s chains laying on the grass, along with the heart charm I attached in ninth grade, when Phil and Alex went to a boarding school. I knew that Brad saw everything. My heart sunk. Now, I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

>Ok, this comes in later...v <

I realized that I needed to talk to Brad right away, and the only way to do that was probably through Selena. Brad’s OTHER best female friend. She was 15, shoulder length brown hair, that looked as though it was layered. Her eyes changed color, depending on the weather outside, she was tan, standing about 5“1- she was really pretty (again not in that gay way). She always knew the right things to say- Even if they were stupid little things “Oh hey, you got a 51 on your report card? Yah well I got bit by a fishie!” She used to joke about that a lot. My shoulders quivered as I carried Brad’s chains to her door, and rang the doorbell. When she appeared, I suddenly burst into tears- how was I going to explain that I broke Brad’s heart? “Oh, oh honey, what is it?” she cooed, helping me indoors. “I- it’s B-Brad..” I sniffled. “Ohh, did you two have a fight?” She asked softly, rubbing my back. Selena was always one to comfort someone. “Nn- no.. He s-saw me a-and Phil,” I said as I took a deep breath in a let out a sob. “Oh no..” She said, shaking her head. God I loved her [as a friend].  “Brad’s liked you for a long time, and he probably just went into shock, seeing you so close to Phil,” Selena said, hoping that would soothe me. “No! You don’t understand! We were KISSING!” I bellowed, mascara freely flowing down my face. Selena’s face went white, and she swallowed hard.

No comments: