Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Continual For Chapter Seven

‘Oh my God!’ I thought to myself, but immediately was snapped into the reality of all this, by the sound of Brad’s light snoring. The rising and falling of his chest, made it look as though he seemed so at ease with the world. Maybe I could just put my head down, for just a minute-

When I woke up (for the second time that day), I was surprised to still see Brad staring at me, his eyes were too curious. “You talk in your sleep-” He said, smiling mussing my already messy bed head. “Oh yeah?” I retorted, propping myself up on my elbows, so we were at the same level- or for now anyways. Brad nodded. “You kept saying ‘Brad- Phil. NO! Brad- but... but... PHIL!” He laughed, I felt my face go scarlet. “How dare you eves drop on my personal dreams and thoughts!” I joked, poking him in the ribs. He rolled his eyes. Unfortunately for us, we heard a voice calling to us from the bottom of the stairs- Alex, the one guy who was completely oblivious to anything that was my so called life! “Pitter patter, let’s get at ‘er!” I heard him yell, running up the stairs, probably taking two at a time- just like he ALWAYS did when he had something on his mind… I groaned, and curled into Brad- always I felt safe curled there. I shut my eyes, and prayed for the best.
As my door slowly creaked open, “Oh- uh… hey, um Brad..?” It was Alex, and he was just as shocked as our friends had been- except for maybe *Selena and Sara. I opened my eye just a little bit, just to see my brothers mouth hanging open. “Why… why are- is there something? Did you two...? Is she- you know, you KNOW!” Alex said tripping over his words- I’m not sure, but I think he asked if I was pregnant… Ugh! “Hah, no!” Brad laughed. “Long day- and we both had the day off - doctors orders - and we decided to hang out, and well, she fell asleep...” Brad said, his voice trailing off. “Oh.” was all Alex managed to squeak out, I had to keep from laughing. 
When Alex left, I let out a howl of laughter. “That’s going to go over well at dinner tonight, now isn’t it?” I sniggled. Brad just laughed along with me, this was probably the most we laughed since, like ever!

No comments: