Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter Seven

I swallowed hard. I guess the impact of Brad and my head's colliding was enough to make me have tunnel vision, maybe I should sit down? No, I was fine. The voices were just annoying ringing sounds in my ears- what the blue hell was going on here?! I felt arms grasp me, as my whole world went black.

I remember my eyes being pulled open, as a light was shone into them… I tried desperately to shut them, but achieved nothing. I didn’t want to wake up yet- I was so peaceful here…

“She’s suffering from Syncope-” A man said, sighing rummaging through papers. (By now I was just pretending to be sleeping until this unknown man left) “Is it serious?!” I heard someone else ask, oh GOD! It was Brad! I tried not to groan. “No, what Miss McCain is suffering from is temporary loss of consciousness due to sudden lack of blood flow to the brain. However, Syncope is a dramatic event and can even be life-threatening if not treated appropriately. Generally, however, recovery is usually complete within minutes to hours.” The man, who I presumed to be the doctor, declared knowingly. My heart sunk. I have a life threatening illness- fainting..! 
As soon as I heard the doctor walk out of the room, my eyes flew open. “What a load of bull shit!” I hissed, right now I was so pissedd off! “Calm down, Ice-” Moira said, shushing me. How the hell could I calm down?! I could die from fainting! “Ugh! Whatever!” I huffed. I heard someone giggle, so I looked over to see Brad staring at me- I needed to breath. “You drugged me, didn’t you!” I accused, pointing a long, white finger at him. “OH MY GOD!” I yelled, and everyones head jerked towards me. “Someone painted my fingernails black...” I shrugged, smiling sheepishly. Why was I making such a big deal out of this?

When I was discharged, I was all too happy- except to see the worried face of Phil waiting for me back home.
“Hey.” He said hoarsely, looking up. “Aweh, you don’t look too good- what’s wrong?” I asked, but I already knew- I had Brad’s arm, wrapped around my waist. I kept telling myself that it was just for support, nothing more. “Glad you made it home, Ok, I’m going to bed- Some of us have to work in the morning...” Phil said, patting me on the shoulder, and heading for the basement. I felt really bad.
As Brad helped me upstairs, we sat their a long time, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep- with Brad’s arm, still wrapped snugly around me. When I woke up, I was curled into Brad- WAIT! I was curled into BRAD?! Oh NO! What time was it?! 8:53 am? It was Tuesday, how come nobody woke us up?! “Brad!- BRAD!” I whispered, shaking him but still trying not to be too rough. “Hm, wha-?” He asked, groggily awakening. “It’s like 9 in the morning, dude! We missed the bus, and Phil’s at work!” I was so worried about missing today, that I didn’t realize that he had pulled something from his back pocket. “I have one doctors note for Miss Ice McCain and one doctors note for Mister Bradley Wilson- No school until we both go back to the doc!” He said, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

No comments: