Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chapter Two

~*~Phil’s Point Of View~*~

Ever since that morning with Ice, I just can’t keep her off my mind. I lived in the same house as her since she was 12, and I’ve loved her since she turned 13, and that arrogant Billy Johnson, beat her up. I remember beating the living hell out of Billy, and almost going to live at a foster home for it. ‘You’re two years older then him, and two years wiser Phillip!’ They scolded, after Billy got out of the hospital for a head injury. I was 15 at the time I beat up Billy, and it made me feel big, made me feel strong. But it made Ice look at me as her hero. And that made it all worth while. ‘I don’t care! That little snot can’t beat on my girl- y little sister!’ I spat. Remembering those words, the day Alex truly accepted me as part of his family.

~*~Ice's Point Of View~*~

Phil was like an older brother to me, an attractive, intriguing, arrogant, older brother- WAIT! No little sister would call her old brother a hottie! EW! That’s SICK! Phil was hot, not lying, he was tall, with tan skin, and deep brown eyes. He was very muscular, but also, very thin- in a good way! His face, was jagged, but angular, but only when he was with me, he softened and showed the complexety of his face, that was so hard to explain… Alex had been so angry that morning when he saw me and Phil, but I knew he was right, it was wrong.

* *

During school I remember bumping into Phil a couple of times, and he handed me a note which read ‘Dear Ice Princess-’ a nickname he had given me, back when I did figure skating. ‘Please sit with me at lunch, I want to talk to you! No Alex involved! Love, your pal Phill-y hearts and all that crap’ I smiled as I crumpled up the note and put it in my pocket, saving it.

At lunch, I spotted Phil eating alone, so I ran over to him to see why. “Hey ‘Phill-y’” I said, with a smile in my voice. “Hey..” He replied, wiping his eye with the back of his hand. “Dude, what’s wrong?” I asked getting concerned. I’d only seen Phil cry once, and that’s when I kicked him in the ‘family jewels’. “It’s Kacey-” He began. “She dumped me...” I nodded my head, in understanding. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out, he quivered. “She dumped me for your jack ass of a brother!” He said raising his voice, pushing his tray away from him, and walking out of the cafeteria. I followed, as fast as I could, but Phil set track records- and I tripped when I was standing still! “WAIT!” I called after him. “Phil, let’s talk about this when we get home?” I asked, when he slowed down his pace. His eyes were red. Phil and Kacey were dating for 3 years straight, and for all I knew, he’d give more then just his life for her. “It’ll be OK” I said wrapping my arms around his waist. “I’ll hold your hand if you need me to-” I said jokingly, but then suddenly, Phil reached down and took my hand. I closed my eyes. ‘This has got to look bad’ I thought about me and Phil, hugging in the hallway, are hands entertwined with each others, Phil’s eyes red, me scene and everything.. People would think I was bringing him to the dark side. The bell rang, for school to start back up, and I looked up at Phil, to see him peering down at me. “Go to class, Phil.” I said, taking my hand from his. He just nodded and kissed the top of my head. He turned and walked off to where all the grade 12s were. There suddenly was an arm around my shoulder, and a familiar voice. “You know Ice, you’re a really good friend- better then I am.” I looked over to see my brother Alex, with his head down. I hugged him and sent him on his way. I felt horrible for seeing my family falling apart.

No comments: